Township Services

Lottery Licensing

The Township of James has the authority to issue lottery licenses to eligible organizations within the community for specific charitable gaming. For additional information regarding Lottery Licenses and eligibility please refer to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).

When Do I Need a License?
If your event includes:

  • An exchange of consideration or fee (i.e., money changes hands),
  • A game of chance, and
  • An opportunity to win a prize.

Lottery Licenses are required for the following events:

  • Raffles
  • 50/50 draws
  • Arm's length tickets
  • Bazaars
  • Bingos
  • Break open tickets

Lottery License Application Process